Water is one of Earth’s most valued resources, and the impacts of climate change have caused it to become scarcer. For this reason, this working group envisions to shed light on creative solutions available that promote sustainable use of water resources in European industries. We seek to reinforce the awareness of young professionals and decision-makers on the effects of anthropogenic factors on water resources, and highlight the need to focus on providing opportunities and support to several industries around Europe.
As young engineers we shall lay our focus on:
- Industries having the most potential to make sustainable use of water sources, particularly in reaching circular economy targets;
- Suggesting engineering technologies available on the market, or being researched, for the treatment of water;
- The investment in such technologies;
- Political advances being made with respect to the field, and’
- Education and awareness on the protection of water sources, and potential for water reuse.