Climate change poses a growing threat on water resources around the globe, ultimately leading to water scarcity. As a result, the already low security in water supply could decrease further and result in many families lacking access to this basic human necessity. With the EU redirecting its efforts from a linear to a circular economy, where does the position of water and its usage lie? What are the challenges and opportunities that multiple industries face to use water sustainably?
In the WFEO YEFL/ EYE Joint Webinar Water Reuse for a Sustainable Industry, we venture into these questions and more! By having lively discussions with our keynote speakers, we explore the barriers that exists between politics, industry, and academia in promoting water reuse in the industry, creating a sound cohesion between the technical and natural world.
- Virginijus Sinkevičius – European Commissioner of Environment, Oceans and Fisheries
- Joaquim Poças Martins – Former Secretary of State for the Environment of Portugal – Vice President of the WFEO Working Group on Water – Professor at the University of Porto
- Hans-Martin Friis Møller – Director, CEO Kalundborg Utility. – Chairman of the Danish Water Forum
- Alexandros Stefanakis – Editor-in-Chief of Journal “Circular Economy and Sustainability” – Assistant Professor at the Technical University of Crete
- Francesca Pizza – Secretary of the Joint Working Group on Water Reuse, EurEau – Process Manager at Milano-Nosedo Wastewater Treatment Plant WWTP (MM SpA)